Author Topic: how to send the data from LPC2378 to PC Via USB  (Read 11653 times)

abhay

how to send the data from LPC2378 to PC Via USB
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:42:34 am »
hello jan
 I am using the olimex LPC2378 STK and IAR compiler and want to send and receive the data from LPC2378 to pc and viceversa i am reading your book also to understand the USB I checked the HIDmouse demo example with IAR workbench & Olimex it was work fine.i write and checked the initialization procedure according to the LPC2378 user manual but i am stuff how the data is transmit and receive can you help me?

Thanks & Regards
ABhay
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:06:57 am by abhay »

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: how to send the data from LPC2378 to PC Via USB
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:47:50 am »
Look for code that reads and writes to the endpoints' buffers. Check the data sheet for hardware-specific details.

Jan

abhay

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 01:29:23 am »
Thanks Ma'm

Abhay

abhay

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 08:48:21 am »
Dear M'am
I want an windows application which is similar to Hyper Terminal application but for USB . I mean i can send and receive data to/from a USB (HID) device just like hyper terminal is used to send and receive data over USART.
i have LPC2378 stk(device) and PC(host),IAR compiler
If you know any such application please let me know its name and kindly send me the test procedure for the usb analyser it is very difficult to understand.

Regards
abhay

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:20:01 am »
You will need both a PC application and device firmware for this. I would suggest starting with something like my HID example code, especially if the only firmware example you have is for a HID.

Another option is to write USB Communications-Device class firmware for the device. You can then use Hyperterminal to access the device in the same way as if it had a physical serial port.

Jan

abhay

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 09:00:57 am »
Dear M'am
 thank you very much but can i used the USBvirtual com Example as communication device class firmware actually i checked the demo of same today and follows the procedure also as per the read file in the example but first time the device is connected and window loads the specific driver but nothing is transfer can u tell me what are the changes in the example to transfer the character(A) so that i will get it on the hyper terminal and how to check it? and need some help about the c-code for transmit and receive.

Thanks
abhay
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:02:51 am by abhay »

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 09:28:22 pm »
I'm not familiar with the USBvirtual com example for that chip but perhaps it has documentation or comments that will help.

Some basic things to check are whether the device installed as a virtual COM port (look in Device Manager), and in hyperterminal, be sure you're connected to the correct port.

Jan

abhay

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 01:42:51 am »
dear M'am
 NXp provide the USBvirtual comport on LPC214x i search on their sit but they didn't give any information about lpc2378 usb virtual comport can u tell me i am going in right direction or not or i am doing something wrong  please need your valuable suggestion and guidance

Thanks
abhay

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 09:54:58 am »
Look for example firmware with descriptors that configure the device as a USB Communications Device Class (CDC) device, abstract control model.

Jan