Author Topic: Need to find the installer for the Microchip USB to Serial Port....  (Read 12274 times)

GlennP

• Frequent Contributor
Hi All,
(Welcome back Jan!) I am using a USB to Com port converter for talking to a board we (are going to) produce I believe it uses the FTDI driver from Microchip but can't find the installer on either the website (or our internal server) however I think it may be a custom Microchip thing as the test PC does not see the device plugged into the USB hub despite having some FTDI drivers.... Anybody any ideas?
Glenn

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: Need to find the installer for the Microchip USB to Serial Port....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:04:40 pm »
If the problem were a missing driver, the install wizard would let you know. If the PC doesn't see the device, the problem is elsewhere (device firmware, pull-ups).

Jan

GlennP

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 04:05:45 am »
That's the problem the install wizard pops up and asks for the driver location or search option which cannot find the driver, prompt to install driver question pops up. BTW I did have an issue with one pull up resistor
Glenn 

GlennP

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 05:13:03 am »
I have found it!, using the application I wrote (posted elsewhere) to find the driver version looking on the FTDI website the only thing is there is no installer package to copy the files to there location but it's further than I was.
Glenn

GlennP

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 07:34:29 am »
I have found it! the darn thing was hiding!!
If anyone else is interested it is at

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20824_Setup.exe

Glenn :)