Author Topic: Using Second Keyboard and Second Mouse via HID Interface  (Read 8089 times)

alex_mueller

Using Second Keyboard and Second Mouse via HID Interface
« on: July 21, 2010, 06:38:25 am »
Hello,

I would like to use my second keyboard or my second mouse via HID. When I switched them on, Windows recognized them and put them in my device manager under the category mouse devices for my mouse and keyboard for my keyboard. Windows also put them under the Category Human Interface Devices. The drivers that a loaded are for i.e. my mouse in the category mouse : mouclass.sys and mouhid.sys, and in the category HID Devices: hidclass.sys, hidparse.sys and hidusb.sy.

I tried them to remove the mouse drivers from the category mouse, that what loaded for the mouse to communicate with the mouse over the HID interface. For that I removed the mouse drivers mouclass.sys and mouhid.sys from the mouse category in the device manager. After that the communication via VB was not possible.

I used the software GenericHID supported by Jan.

Does I have to read more about the feature report in a mouse to implement them in the software?

Does have anybody a better idea to to use a HID device?

Does I forget something in the scenario explained above to use a second mouse or keyboard as HID Device?

Thanks

Guido Koerber

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Using Second Keyboard and Second Mouse via HID Interface
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:54:49 am »
You need to write your own .inf file to keep Windows from installing the HID mouse driver and instead re-route your device to the generic HID driver. Only when the generic HID driver controls your device it will be possible to get access to the device data from application level.

By default there are no feature reports for a mouse. Though custom devices may use their own feature reports.