Author Topic: while using WinUSB demo, listbox notice "The attempt to read bulk data has faile  (Read 8357 times)

commserve

I have downloaded your WinUSBDemo project codes from website and configured. I used a phone as a test-bed,  the device can be found, but while transfer bulk data, the listbox notice "The attempt to read bulk data has failed".

So i want to know your advice about this. What cause this happened? Have the phone recieved the bulk data?

Hope you can give some comments. Thanks

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
My demo uses a command/response protocol where on receiving data, the device returns data. My WinUSB page has example firmware to use with the application. If you're using a different device, you need to understand its protocols and adapt my application as needed.

For example, does the device send bulk data without being prompted or do you need to request it with a command of some type? How many bytes? And so on. 

Jan

commserve

Hi, Jan

I see what's your meaning, but now i need to construct a universal tool to check all phones the ZLP(zero length package) issue.

Do you think while i test a different phone i would have to send a bulk with a different command follow a communication protocol?

What about using the winusb driver to test all different devices, with the communication protocol not effected? Do you think that can be realize or do you have some suggestion?

Thanks

Shu-qing Zhang

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Rather than configuring all phones to use WinUSB, it might be easier to construct a test using the phones' normal drivers.

If you're looking to test a specific behavior and have an idea of what causes it, I would start from there. It's hard to be more specific without more details.

Jan

commserve

Hi, Jan

The test tool be using for all phones is not easy to construct. But now we use RSDLite, to install software to phones, the process need to transfer bulk data.

Now the problem is confirmed to be the driver cause the ZLP issue, which need to configure to match some interface like port. And we need to test each phone if the driver is OK.

So the driver may be not normal. If data transfered to phones exactly the maxPackageSize package as the last one.

Shu-qing