Author Topic: DeLorme LT-40 USB GPS  (Read 9359 times)

Winston

DeLorme LT-40 USB GPS
« on: July 12, 2010, 02:54:36 pm »
I've had the DeLorme LT-40 GPS unit going on to two years now and it works great with my laptop. (A Toshiba)
A few weeks ago I bought a Delstar DS700 mini netbook with Windows CE 5.0. It has 3 USB host ports but no serial ports and I'm at a loss trying to find a driver from ANYWHERE to get the two to work together. DeLorme say they don't have a driver for Win CE; but they do have a virtual serial port program for Win XP and below. It works great on my other computers but still not quite what I'd like to have.
There's plenty of GPS programs for mapping and such for Win CE but most use a Serial port for communication. I do have an older serial port GPS unit but still can't find a serial driver for a Prolific PL-2303 chip. I have not been able to correctly install the driver from Prolific onto the Delstar. Could someone help with any ideas on which way to go with this?
My eventual project is to map out old cemeteries marking whatever headstones and sinkholes are found.

Thanks in advance..

Winston

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: DeLorme LT-40 USB GPS
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 09:07:22 pm »
If you're looking for a USB/COM-port adapter, FTDI has a Windows CE driver for its chips. You can buy FTDI adapters from FTDI or saelig.com.

Jan