Author Topic: Switch mobil phone off via USB  (Read 9182 times)

jawor

Switch mobil phone off via USB
« on: January 13, 2011, 04:26:45 pm »
I have attached my mobile phone to PC via USB.  Phone is charged from PC (usb), but If I want to reset my phone, I need to use PDU (power distribution unit) which is controled from PC by TCP/IP packets. Red wire in USB cable is 'transferring' voltage. I divided it in power breaker which is connected to PDU. If I switch voltage off in PDU, transystor is opened in Power breaker and voltage from PC dont get tu my phone by red wire , and phon is switched off/restarted. I want to do the same without Power breaker and PDU, I need to know how can I avoid 'transferring' voltage by red wire it means how i can switch my phon off from my PC without Power breaker. Is this possible to stop all voltage in USB port??
At my work my mates told my that only one way to switch phon off is to use pdu and pd.

->I dont want to use phone soft to restart, becouse this solution must be universal. I need to make 'hard restart'

Sorry for mistakes.
:)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:43:08 pm by jawor »

jawor

Re: Switch mobil phone off via USB
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 03:18:24 am »
oks i know why. When phone is hanged up, computer can't see Phone thats why i cant use USB port to disable cell phone - port is invisbible. is this posible to restart phone?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:25:14 am by jawor »

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 01:15:53 pm »
Applications don't have the ability to control power on USB ports.

Jan

Bret

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 02:37:15 pm »
Windows applications may not have the ability to control power, but DOS applications may if they use my drivers (http://bretjohnson.us).  It depends on the hub hardware, though.  Some hubs have per-port power switching, some have ganged power switching (switching power on or off to one port also switches power on or off to all of the other ports at the same time), and some don't have any type of power switching at all.  If you want something that you know will always work, you'll need to institute an external, hardware-based solution like you are now.

jawor

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 12:13:17 pm »
:) thx for help, it means I need to do any hardware:)