Author Topic: Creating a winUsb Driver in C++ for the Prolific PL25A1  (Read 5548 times)

Scott Birken

Creating a winUsb Driver in C++ for the Prolific PL25A1
« on: January 20, 2017, 04:16:45 pm »
Hi All,

I'm new to winUSB (and writing device drivers) and I'd like to create a Visual Studio 2015 C++ based tool that can send and receive a stream of bytes between two computers over a Prolific PL25A1 cable.  Does anyone have any Visual Studio C++ source code that I can use as a model for this?  We did manage to create a libusb driver in windows however it seems to be flaky and were advised to use winUSB for windows applications and only libusb for linux.  For this particular device the VID is 067B, the PID is 25A1, 0x02 is the out endpoint, 0x83 is in endpoint.  Any sample code would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Thanks,
Scott

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: Creating a winUsb Driver in C++ for the Prolific PL25A1
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 09:07:17 pm »
As you likely know, this chip was designed for use with the Microsoft Windows Easy Transfer program for WinXP and Vista.

Prolific's page explains how to install the program on more recent Windows editions:

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=34&pcid=43

If you must write your own software, using the libusb code as a model for a WinUSB application is probably the best option.

I don't know of any C++ examples for this.