Author Topic: A thank you to forum helpers: My project is complete  (Read 5072 times)

goodnewsjim

• Frequent Contributor
A thank you to forum helpers: My project is complete
« on: April 17, 2015, 04:09:06 pm »
I started 2.5 years ago.  I had no idea how to do USB.  I had no idea how to do hardware firmware coding.  What I did have going for me is that I know how to code.  But more importantly is that forum helpers got me.  

Seriously, this project could not have been done if it wasn't for all your helpful and rapid answers.  I would go into work, do the most I could, ask a question on the forum, leave way early, and come back the next day.  My boss had no problem with me working as little as 5 minute shifts, after all, I paid for the gas and transportation time :P   He understood that intellectuals can be nice people who help others as he saw it first hand in Silicon Valley back in the day.

So I'm thanking you all you guys who helped here and on Microchip.  Big names are Jan and Tseuno.
I did my handshakes to people at work.   And I'm working on personal projects.

I have to admit though, I really did barely did know what I was doing.  I was way out of my wheelhouse, and you guys came through.  Pat yourself on the back, you helped me do a project that will help physics/chemistry students and such.

I didn't work for the entire 2.5 years. I was off for 1 year until my "research" got put into production.   I put research in quotes because while we didn't know what we were doing, it was common place in other places.

You guys might get a kick out my next project:
I'm doing a math app for Android/ios.  It will teach kids counting->Calculus->College.   The idea is that you sit someone of any level of math and they get placed into what they need to learn by binary search.  At its core its simply a collection of workbook problems.   I know it will work because in 1981, I had a version that did counting-adding-subtraction, and I played it so much, that I got pushed into accelerated education early into elementary.  My hope is that people might get into high maths several grades before they're exposed and such.  Also cell phones are used in the 3rd world countries already because they help get weather reports for farming: Not raining for 8 days? Water plants.   Smart phones keep coming down in price.   I might be bringing solid education to third world countries too.

Again, thank you guys.  You were of much help.  Now I can move on to my own projects.

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: A thank you to forum helpers: My project is complete
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 04:46:28 pm »
Congratulations on finishing your project and wishing you much success with the new one!