Author Topic: USB-201 Measurement Computing  (Read 6409 times)

llsdigitek

USB-201 Measurement Computing
« on: June 06, 2014, 07:49:48 am »
I would like to write my own code for this 8 analog and 8 digital board.  Looked at the company's examples and they are Very unhelpful....All I found is a bunch of declares...  Has anyone written code for this device and willing to share?  I'm semi retired and limited resources...
Thanks
Lloyd

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: USB-201 Measurement Computing
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:27:47 am »
I downloaded the software and saw a bunch of complete projects with source code. What are you trying to do and on what OS and programming language?

llsdigitek

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 04:27:48 pm »
You saw complete working stand alone running example, that I could snip out to rewrite in my favorite language PowerBASIC Console Compiler 6? I mised that, can you forward the link?  I want to have full control to read analog ports and to configure the 8 ports of digital IO either as inpout and then read them or out puts to control a relay.  I have several projects in mind, one is and antenna switch to control relays to switch antennas, the other is to use the analog to take SWR readings on transmitters.  I am a ham radio operator(WA9NLA) and retired engineer from Purdue, this might even turn into an article for QST magazine, who knows.  I love tinkering as a way to pass the time.

Best Regards,
Lloyd - DigiTek

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 05:06:02 pm »
Your best bet might be to look at the C example and convert to PowerBasic, assuming you can call functions from the C lib provided.

llsdigitek

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 06:16:12 pm »
Supposedly the PB docs state you can do it, I've not done it, but then there are a lot of things I've not done, like climb mount everest... heee..  Just sweat equity is all thats needed.

Thanks
Lloyd

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 08:52:12 pm »
Yes, it would take some time...

llsdigitek

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 08:01:51 am »
I did find the better VB6 examples you spoke of, don't know how I missed them.  The long hours of doing hardware & software takes its toll...  My typical day is I work till I crash....  Laters