Author Topic: Adding a new Parallel Port to Windows2K  (Read 11540 times)

noli

Adding a new Parallel Port to Windows2K
« on: August 26, 2013, 11:49:26 am »
Hi Jan or Anyone, Greetings! I would like to add 1 or 2 more parallel port to my old Compaq Presario Desktop. I bought this Card "Cyber I/O PCI" with part no. "JJ-P11012-S6" from Fry's Electronics, which is a product of SIIG, Inc. ("A connectivity Solutions You Can Trust"). The first card of the same kind and type didn't work as the address that it went into after installation, is not one of the parallel port addresses, instead it went to an address in the range of FFD8. I returned it back to Fry's and took another one as I thought the first card was really defective - but same thing I got as the first. Changing the setting is not possible as the 1) "Setting based on:" 2) "Use automatic settings and 3) "Change Setting" options are disabled. If you happen to have a solution, I would appreciate it if you could share it to me. Thank you / Good day,Noli

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: Adding a new Parallel Port to Windows2K
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 06:21:54 pm »
What operating system?

Ron Hemphill

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 10:17:03 pm »
He had said Windows 2K in his subject line.

It's been too long for both parallel port development and W2K for me to be of any help.  But I do remember those old Compaq Presarios being pretty persnickety.  Good luck.

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 10:19:06 pm »
Missed that, thanks. Best bet might be to scrounge up a card from the same vintage as the machine - ebay, etc.