Author Topic: Simple VB.Net RS-232 program to capture serial port data to a text file  (Read 117113 times)

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: Simple VB.Net RS-232 program to capture serial port data to a text file
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2013, 01:32:49 pm »
I'm pretty sure this is the forum's longest thread (most responses)! I hope we've been of some help and/or moral support!

btcomp

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2013, 01:50:58 pm »
Jan, you sure have. I haven't solved all the issues, and currently the XModem solution has been the most intriguing. I personally think the project if continued may work better in XOn/XOff, even with no error checking. That is just IMHO as my late dad would say. You never know there may be a change of heart, or maybe money. I just checked the Dow Jones Stock Analysis and believe it, I think this is the stimulus us programmers needed in Michigan anyway. There was such a depressed feeling among the car industry people that I know, and they wouldn't verbally say anything, but I think they were ready to fall off the Fiscal Mountain, if Michigan had any big ones. There actually is one by the Ford Proving Grounds, one of two Ford plants, one about 1/2 mile from this plant the other 5 miles away. But I think there is a relief that more money will be flowing into the economy, even though the deal didn't really solve anything long term, but I don't think hiring would have kept up.

btcomp

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2013, 01:58:36 pm »
Wow, I looked a the number of people that have looked at this thread 10,000, well I hope this has helped!