Author Topic: Registering for the forums  (Read 11267 times)

EagleWolf

Registering for the forums
« on: October 04, 2013, 05:36:14 pm »
Just a note for Jan (or any moderators that may be out there)
As this is my 1st post, I will say that I thought I had an account before but guess not, so I went to register tonight and had to jump some hoops in order to register.

I filled in the needed info but the last question was about a 3 letter acronym for my serial port device (so I picked one willy nilly) and it came back saying that I did not fill in some info correctly

As it turns out, it was the question about a 3 letter acronym for the serial port (I will not say what the correct answer was as to prevent spammers, and the only acronym I know has 5 letters or more) but the only way I figured it out was that I know a lot about serial ports and some luck with my "Google-Foo" I figured out an answer that was correct.

Just a suggestion, but the registration questions should be easier (or some other type of verification) so someone that is not as knowledgeable can ask their questions or assistance without having to be a hacker to ask the question? :)

Not to offend, just to assist since most questions I get are programming specific and the people in most help would not be able to ask for help if they can not post

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: Registering for the forums
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 09:38:59 pm »
Thank you for the comment and suggestion. The answer to the registration question is the first letters of the interface mentioned. For example, for Universal Serial Bus, the answer would be USB.