Author Topic: Any body know anything about WinCE6  (Read 11923 times)

GlennP

• Frequent Contributor
Any body know anything about WinCE6
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:44:22 am »
Hi All
Just hoping that somebody can point me to a web site or book that has some info on WinCE6.  As I have a PC104 that runs 5 which I have got to run a 6 (Hive version) will run programs but none of the settings I make are saved in non volatile RAM, each time the power cycles the data is wiped.  Could this be due to the image I am running being an eval version of 6 (which would make sense)how can I get an image of CE6 that is the full enterprise version now Microsoft want everything to be 7?

Glenn (hope this is the right bit!)

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: Any body know anything about WinCE6
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 06:09:07 pm »
Can't help with that. I've always found the many and ever-changing editions of Windows CE/Embedded/Mobile/Phone etc. very confusing!

Jan

GlennP

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Any body know anything about WinCE6
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 06:09:18 am »
Ooooh! I thought it was just me.  I have been looking for days now know of anything at all about altering the registry? the docs for this board are ***p! the help desk is "oh that the serial number, talk to X", "X is oh we only sell them to get development done talk to Y", "Y here it will cost £Large number!".
How are these people allowed to exist? I have a problem with my Car I talk to the dealer which sold it, not sent next door to his (or her!) brother (sister) to be saddled with a big BILL.

Rant over!
Glenn