Author Topic: HID device and microframes on Windows  (Read 105 times)

cjung

HID device and microframes on Windows
« on: July 20, 2020, 08:10:54 am »
Hello,

I'm trying to read reports from a HID device (Windows 10) which sends the data in microframes. The hardware is developed by the company I work for and we use the native drivers from Microsoft.
As programming language I use C++ without third party libraries.

I have some experience with HID devices and have also successfully tested my code on a "normal" HID device. There everything works and I have access to the data.

I don't really get along with the microframes. I get no data and always end up in the timeout of the WaitForSingleObject().
I had a look at the USBlyser and I see that the reports arrive at the system (they are generated by the end device independently
shipped without my involvement). I can connect to the device and also read the capabilities and properties, but not the data.

Does anyone here have any experience with this and can help me with what I am missing?
Do I possibly have to write my own driver, because the standard driver does not support this?

Thanks for your help
Chris from Germany

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: HID device and microframes on Windows
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 09:35:08 am »
I'm not sure what you mean by "sends the data in microframes" because all HID data arrives in frames / microframes.

My Usbhidio_vc6 is old but does use WaitForSingleObject and might be of some help:

http://www.janaxelson.com/hidpage.htm#MyExampleCode

I see no reason that you would need to write a driver to retrieve HID reports.