Author Topic: Bluetooth HID Descriptor for multi touch + 4 buttons remote device  (Read 11499 times)

Krcevina

Hello,

recently I started studying the subject of HID descriptor and since I'm rather new in this field and since I have no one to talk with about that, I want to address this forum in hope that someone can help me with my concerns.

I have an android phone on the host (master) side of my system. On the other (slave) side I have multi touch + 4 buttons device, a module that is governed by the c8051 uC. The very Bluetooth communication is enabled by the WT-12 BlueGiga module. This BlueGiga module can work in data and command mode. When it is in command mode I can choose whatever functionality I want from it, and when it is in data mode, then everything I send from uC via UART goes (via chosen protocol) to the paired host.

I want to send data regarding contact points (max 2 simultaneously) on multi touch and the state of four buttons.

As I want to do that using HID protocol I need to define the HID Descriptor. The OS running on the android phone is Linux. So my questions are:
1. All I need to do on the remote device side is to properly pack the data and send it via Bluetooth to the host. And I pack that data so that my packet suits the defined HID Descriptor so that the host can parse its content. True? (Basically, my HID descriptor is defined on the host side, and not on the remote device. Except, that I also need to define and store that same descriptor in the ROM of the BlueGiga module)
2. Can I use these rules http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553734%28v=vs.85%29.aspx for defining HID descriptor? Since it will work under Linux, and not under Windows.
3. In which category of the devices falls mine? Digitizer?
4. Can I write my HID descriptor so that someone of you can have a quick look on it, and tell me if there is chance that it will work?

Thanks,
Krcevina

Tsuneo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Bluetooth HID Descriptor for multi touch + 4 buttons remote device
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 10:02:43 pm »
Krcevina,

I answered to most of your questions in your another post,
http://www.lvr.com/forum/index.php?topic=733.0

WT-12 BlueGiga module supports HID profile on iWARP5.
Register to their Tech Forum, and download this app note.
Application note: iWRAP5 HID Profile

And then, you'll know how to send the HID report descriptor with HID profile over SDP.

Tsuneo

fmark

Re: Bluetooth HID Descriptor for multi touch + 4 buttons remote device
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 03:02:45 pm »
Hello,

recently I started studying the subject of HID descriptor and since I'm rather new in this field and since I have no one to talk with about that, I want to address this forum in hope that someone can help me with my concerns.

I have an android phone on the host (master) side of my system. On the other (slave) side I have multi touch + 4 buttons device, a module that is governed by the c8051 uC. The very Bluetooth communication is enabled by the WT-12 BlueGiga module. This BlueGiga module can work in data and command mode. When it is in command mode I can choose whatever functionality I want from it, and when it is in data mode, then everything I send from uC via UART goes (via chosen protocol) to the paired host.

I want to send data regarding contact points (max 2 simultaneously) on multi touch and the state of four buttons.

As I want to do that using HID protocol I need to define the HID Descriptor. The OS running on the android phone is Linux. So my questions are:
1. All I need to do on the remote device side is to properly pack the data and send it via Bluetooth to the host. And I pack that data so that my packet suits the defined HID Descriptor so that the host can parse its content. True? (Basically, my HID descriptor is defined on the host side, and not on the remote device. Except, that I also need to define and store that same descriptor in the ROM of the BlueGiga module)
2. Can I use these rules http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553734%28v=vs.85%29.aspx for defining HID descriptor? Since it will work under Linux, and not under Windows.
3. In which category of the devices falls mine? Digitizer?
4. Can I write my HID descriptor so that someone of you can have a quick look on it, and tell me if there is chance that it will work?

Thanks,
Krcevina

Hi Krcevina,

Did you have any progress with your questions?
I'm also looking to use Bluegiga W12 module to control my Android phone from an external touchscreen.
I need HID descriptor and usage scheme for BT HID Digitizer.

Thanks,
Mark