Author Topic: ParallelPort1 Project won't work!pls help  (Read 15245 times)

headache

ParallelPort1 Project won't work!pls help
« on: October 09, 2012, 12:18:38 am »
Jan,

I've tried using the program I've downloaded at your site the Parallelport1 project using visual basic 6, then I build the schematic diagram using 8 leds...I also change the port value assigned to inpout32.dll as suggested in the program and in the documentation...but 1 thing i have found out..I'm having trouble with this project because The LED will not light...I cannot find any error with the codes anymore but it's just that the LED will not light...I don't know what's been missing with this project but i really can't make the LED light when i connect it to my PC using the parallel port DB25...Please do help me...what should I do?
Pleas help...

by the way If i will use a tester to light the led using a parallel port it will light...but when i connect it to my PC it won't light...what would be the possible problem?

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: ParallelPort1 Project won't work!pls help
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 11:14:44 am »
Use a voltmeter or logic probe to verify that the pins are toggling.

If not, see question 1 here:

http://www.janaxelson.com/jansfaq.htm

If yes, add a powered buffer (and current-limiting resistor) to increase the current to the LEDs.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 10:19:26 am by Jan Axelson »

AllenBallard

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 03:11:53 am »
Jan,

I've tried using the program I've downloaded at your site the Parallelport1 project using visual basic 6, then I build the schematic diagram using 8 leds...I also change the port value assigned to inpout32.dll as suggested in the program and in the documentation...but 1 thing i have found out..I'm having trouble with this project because The led lighting will not light...I cannot find any error with the codes anymore but it's just that the LED will not light...I don't know what's been missing with this project but i really can't make the LED light when i connect it to my PC using the parallel port DB25...Please do help me...what should I do?
Pleas help...

by the way If i will use a tester to light the led using a parallel port it will light...but when i connect it to my PC it won't light...what would be the possible problem?

hello were you able to sort out the problem? I am facing similar issue with my parallel project.. Please help me to solve it.. Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:46:14 pm by AllenBallard »

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 10:11:14 am »
Be sure you're using a version of inpout32 that will work on your OS. See:

http://www.janaxelson.com/parport.htm#Programming
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 10:19:37 am by Jan Axelson »