Ports and Interfaces > USB

USB to USB data transfer WITHOUT PC

(1/3) > >>

viram:
I am an Electronics student and want to do a BE project title-" USB to USB data transfer WITHOUT PC "
Can this project be feasible, if yes then what steps i should follow regarding selecting controller or specifications.
Kindly suggest some sites for detailed view on this project.
Is there any OS to be written for simply memory copying process.
Thank you

Jan Axelson:
Every USB transfer is between a host and a device. The host can be a PC or an embedded system. For information about embedded systems that can function as USB hosts, see:

http://www.janaxelson.com/embedded_host.htm

Jan

USB:
Yes...you can have such a device.
I have already implemented the embedded device which transfers data between USB devices without the intervention of PC/Laptop/Palmtop/Mobile Phone etc...
 and it works perfect :)

Arvie:

--- Quote from: USB on December 15, 2010, 11:32:03 pm ---Yes...you can have such a device.
I have already implemented the embedded device which transfers data between USB devices without the intervention of PC/Laptop/Palmtop/Mobile Phone etc...
 and it works perfect :)

--- End quote ---

That's nice. ;D

Give us more info. ::)

Ron Hemphill:
It sounds to me that you've developed a host that acts as a master to specific devices.  As Arvie wrote in his post, we'd be quite curious to hear more details about your "device" - especially what USB devices it works with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version