Author Topic: Generic_hid_cs program  (Read 12817 times)

josea

Generic_hid_cs program
« on: May 31, 2010, 12:25:11 am »
Hi Jan,

I used your Generic_hid_cs program to test my USB hid device (with input/output&feature report).  so far i have this quirk behavior in that all 3 options (feature/control/interrupt transfer) works without problem the first time the usb device is inserted (with a message from windows the a new hid device is found). as soon as the  device is detached, only
the feature report and control-transfer will work, interrupt stops working. i can get it work again  by un-installing the HID  device in the  windows device manager.

what could be the problem? Is windows locking/having exclusive  use of my generic device?

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: Generic_hid_cs program
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 09:46:19 am »
A protocol analyzer will show what is happening on the bus and will likely offer a clue. Otherwise, use whatever debugging tools you have to find out how the device is responding to interrupt IN and interrupt OUT token packets. On receiving an IN packet, the endpoint should send the requested data. On receiving an OUT token packet, the endpoint should accept the data that follows and return ACK.

If Windows claims exclusive use of the device, you won't be able to obtain a handle to it.

Jan

josea

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 05:27:10 am »
Thanks for the suggestion,  i dont have a protocol analyzer, instead i downloaded a trial version of advance USB monitor from aggsoft. and my problem disappeared, even if dont run the USB monitor program. your program generic_hid_cs works like charm. All three options are now working without problem.  my initial problem could be that, some  driver or  was affected when I un-install trial versions of  USB Trace, USBLYZER, USB SnoopyPro.  In the end your test software is great.
Thanks a lot..

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 08:59:29 am »
I'm glad to hear it's working.

Jan