Author Topic: hid device  (Read 6357 times)

kanguss

hid device
« on: May 02, 2014, 12:41:10 pm »
hello, i have metex 3890d multimeter and im trying to get interrupt transfer reports, i used your code generic hid cs v62 and im changing it so it does what i need...
im in a rush so i have to apologize for not being able to study all u have written about usb  :( whats worse im complete newbie at coding aswell  :-[
from your code i understand that first i have to send output report to get any input report, can i change that so i only get input reports? i tried to change code and it didnt work, so if that is possible ill think of another way to achieve it..
another question is, i send or get report about every second, i didnt find any timers or sleeps or anything, can i change that in your code? or is that speed of my device making those reports?
sorry for my english...

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: hid device
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 06:06:28 pm »
Yes, you can comment out the code that sends a report, and you can add a timer to request reports periodically.

The HID driver in the PC requests reports periodically from the device and stores the reports in a buffer. The application reads reports from the buffer.

kanguss

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 01:08:38 pm »
thanks for reply :)
i dont know if i was tired or just blind, but i found this
const Int32 periodicTransferInterval = 1000;
if i lower it enough i might get needed results without figuring out how to get only input
for some reason whole data from display is divided into 2 reports so im working on displaying only bytes 3 and 4 with formating info from byte 1 and those data only from every second report
so far so good, love your code, thanks for making it  ;)

kanguss

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 10:57:28 am »
hello again, so far everything looks good except one thing, i have no idea how to solve unexpected usb device disconnected exception and there isnt much info on that, any tip?

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 05:26:29 pm »
Is this an exception you see when you physically detach the device?

Exactly what exception is reported?