Author Topic: HID devices with alternate interfaces  (Read 6049 times)

moshe

HID devices with alternate interfaces
« on: October 06, 2014, 11:01:31 am »
Hi,
I'm developing a USB host which, among other things, should switch between interfaces.
For interop purposes, I'd like your advice regarding HID devices available on the market which you know have alternate interfaces.

Yours,

Moshe Ilan.

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: HID devices with alternate interfaces
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 11:23:41 am »
I don't know of any. You would need to provide a low-level filter driver that can select the interface.

moshe

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 11:42:36 am »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not looking for a driver, rather a list of off the shelf HID device(s) which have alternate interfaces.

Yours,

Moshe Ilan.

Barry Twycross

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 02:49:55 pm »
Standard HID devices don't have alternative interfaces. Standard HID drivers don't expect HID devices to have alternative interfaces, so if you want your device to have alternative interfaces, you need your own driver.

I know of no HID devices which do have alternative interfaces, I expect this is because its not standard. We once considered making a HID device with alternative interfaces, until we realized this and gave up on the idea.

Barry Twycross

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 02:50:46 pm »
I see you're developing the host, not the device. There are no such thing, so its not something you have to worry about.