Ports and Interfaces > USB

kernel32.dll problem

(1/1)

da66en:
First, thanks Jan.  You have been helping me for probably more than 10 years now.

One some computers, I am getting kernel32.dll errors if I use generic_hid_cs, usbhidio_V2.3.cs or my own C# application that uses libraries I copied from generic_hid_cs. 

In XP, in my application -or- usbhidio_V2.3.cs the error report gives this:
ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512
ModStamp: 4802a12c
fDebug: 0
Offset: 00012aeb

generic_hid_cs gives a different error report, but I am guessing the problem is similar.

Does anyone have any thoughts?  A Google search of kernel32.dll 00012aeb shows many hits but nothing informative.

Jan Axelson:
There are a few issues with my code described here:

http://www.lvr.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

and here:

http://www.lvr.com/forum/index.php?topic=364.msg1287#msg1287

Hard to say if your error is related to any of these. A breakpoint showing where the error occurred might offer a clue.

I hope to have revised versions of the code posted shortly.

Jan

da66en:
Jan, thanks for the follow-up.  I will review those links and let you  know what I find.

Unfortunately the computers that it crashes on do not have Visual Studio, so debugging in that manner is not possible.

da66en:
Thanks for posting a new version of your software, Jan.  Unfortunately I am still getting an error.  In the next few days I will debug it and let you know what I find.

da66en:
An update...

I was going to debug this problem on one of the non-working PCs when I discovered that the software doesn't work if it's run from a network drive (a network drive being a Windows folder shared and then mapped as a local drive an another PC).  If I copy the software directly to the computer, then it works.

I have not seen this behavior before.  Again, this only happens on a few PCs.  This must be some kind of security setting on these PCs that is affecting this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version