Ports and Interfaces > USB

GenericHid in Visual Basic

(1/1)

Pulling:
Good Afternoon Jan,

I have download your GenericHid Program. It seems to run well with no errors.
The problem is it does not see mi Pic.
I am using a Microchip PIC18F4550 with a usb cable.
The operating system is windows xp.
In windows Device Manager it sees the pic in other devices as a Pic18F4550 Family Device.
The boot loader will read and write to the device, but in your program I get Device not found.
For Vendor I use hex 0x4d8 Dec. 1240
For product I use hex 0x00A Dec.10
I will get incorrect format on the hex.
What Driver should I use for this code?
I am not sure what driver Iam now using.
Thanks in advance,
Jack

Jan Axelson:
The Generic HID application is for HID-class devices other than system mice and keyboards. My HID Page has example PIC firmware that works with the application.

Jan

mdlayt:

--- Quote from: Pulling on March 30, 2011, 01:45:43 pm ---What Driver should I use for this code?

--- End quote ---
The general stategy with generic HID is to get the OS to load the generic HID driver for you.  Then you can connect from a user application.  This works well if you don't really need a driver--eg if you can handle "completely not real time" as opposed to "vaguely real time" response you get in a driver, and/or if you are willing to keep your CPU utilization low while you are using your application.

To get the generic HID driver loaded, your device must be generic HID and not be mouse nor keyboard because that causes the system to load drivers for them.  (Is there anything besides mouse and keyboard?  I don't think so).

Pulling:
Thanks to all,
Good information.
I want to control the I/O ports as well as AD
Thanks
Jack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version