Author Topic: USB HID Communication  (Read 40314 times)

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: USB HID Communication
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 11:05:43 am »
I'm glad to hear you got it working. Thanks for letting us know.

Jan

Alian

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 01:40:39 am »
Hi vikram_t80,
        I am using STM32F107 from ST microelectronics and am working on USB communication method to send and receive data via USB to and from host (in my case I am using USB demonstrator a PC application as a host).
       I am using generic HID example which had STM32F107 microcontroller.I  managed to send and receive data.
       Now I can receive data,but I cannot send data.I try to use DCD_EP_Tx() function to send data,but I am not succeed.why?Can you help me?
Regards,
Alian

supriya

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 10:55:24 am »
Hi Jan
  I am new to USB device driver design .
I am configuring STM32F4 to tx and Rx data to PC . Currently I have used the BSP code and I have configured a HID to do the same .However when I interface with the PC ,I get a msg "UNknown Driver " .Also I am not able to find a suitable tool on PC side to debug this .Can you please help me on this
Thanks
Supriya

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 11:56:23 am »
The setupapi log file might have a clue:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff550863%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

A USB protocol analyzer will show what is happening on the bus.

supriya

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 08:23:24 am »
Thanks Jan !!!!!It helps

supriya

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 11:17:03 am »
Hi Jan
I am trying to get the USB transfer certain sensor data from STM32 to PC .I used the sample code of USB HID joystick control to do the same .But the parameters such  bInterfaceClass , bInterfaceSubClass , nInterfaceProtocol would change from HID to sensor detection project .Am I right ?? If yes could you please tell me what parameters to take? I tried searching in net for the complete documantation of details regarding nInterfaceProtocol settings .But I was unable to find .Could you please help me on this

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »
You can use a generic HID to transfer sensor data. It just depends on what host driver you want to use.

I have generic HID host and device examples here:

www.Lvr.com/hidpage.htm