Author Topic: Touch and Mouse Together  (Read 6604 times)

tallman

Touch and Mouse Together
« on: February 17, 2014, 03:52:57 pm »
Hello,
I have a device acting as touch and mouse using HID standard Win7 drivers.

My device is functioning ok with touch and mouse, until I either move my regular mouse, or send a mouse command while it is moving the touch pointer.  Of course this is not a normal behavior, but it causes the driver to completely lock and not perform any touch activity any further.  Even after it's sent the tip off command. 

Does anyone know of any conflicts that there is?   I have noticed, when the mouse moves, my reported for touch tip off, doesn't ever get through.  From that point on, I can't see any touch activity, and I can't figure out how to unclog the endpoint to get my tip off through.  I always have to restart, or uninstall and reinstall device.

Thanks for any assistance, as what little hair I have is piling up on the floor.
Brent

tallman

Re: Touch and Mouse Together
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:11:14 pm »
Not adding much other than I've worked on this all day and have no progress.  If I touch an area with a digitizer HID, move, the very second I move my mouse, the touch stops working, and I can't get it restarted without uninstall.  I feel like this must be obvious, as I can't find anyone else describing this on google.  I found in docs it says when you release the tip in windows, you must use the same exact location as the last move on the touch device.  I did this, and it still had no affect.  I can't do any more moves because the device totally quits working, when I move the mouse.

If there was anyone or any book I could by beyond Jan's which I own (note selfish plug for more help), I would do it.

Appreciate any help.
Brent

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 09:49:44 am »
A protocol analyzer might offer a clue. Several software-only analyzers are free:

http://www.janaxelson.com/development_tools.htm#analyzers

Post the device, config, endpoint, etc. descriptors and the report descriptor.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:09:28 pm by Jan Axelson »

tallman

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 10:13:13 am »
Jan
Thanks for the response.  Your USB forum seems like the only help out there.  At 3am I would have given anything to get an answer.

It turned out, all it was, was I wasn't correctly sending the touch off.  In my case, if I send a tip on, move the mouse, and never send a tip off, it freezes up the device, and requires a reboot or uninstall/reinstall.  Now that my device is sending the tip off properly, it doesn't freeze up.

I'm feeling pretty lame at the moment, but maybe this will help someone else.  I'll be picking up an analyzer one way or another.

Brent

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 10:14:26 am »
Glad you got it working! Thanks for reporting what you found.