Author Topic: micro USB and PCB  (Read 9435 times)

rank78

micro USB and PCB
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:53:23 am »
Hello all, I'm in the planning phase of prototyping and one option involves PCB, but the problem is I'm not sure of the type I need. The bit I need is so small that I don't know if it would be more practical to do myself or use an online company, or not use it at all.

To sum up my issue; I couldn't find a micro USB female socket on a cable but I found a connector by itself which needs to be mounted to a PCB. I've attached a screenshot of the pdf for the connector I bought as well as a picture of a USB device I disassembled to get an idea of what I'm attempting to accomplish (never mind the blue and yellow wires, they are for a small light to show the device is receiving power but I'm not interested in having that implemented in my prototype).

If you're able to take the time to tell me what I should be looking for I would really appreciate it. I'm undergoing a crash course in a few fields and realizing I might be over-complicating things.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

rank78

Re: micro USB and PCB
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:54:09 am »
forgot the other attachment

[attachment deleted by admin]

GlennP

• Frequent Contributor
Re: micro USB and PCB
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 07:28:34 am »
Umm... bit ham handed with a soldering iron myself, but I can fit them to boards, not production standard but work for testing.  A good light, thin gauge solder (leaded I find better than lead free) a fine tip to the iron and you should be okay.
If it is for production choose a company that you have experience of and you should be fine, there small but not that awkward I find.

Glenn