Author Topic: Windows 7 Loads Incorrect Drivers  (Read 8116 times)

saanaa593

Windows 7 Loads Incorrect Drivers
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:30:52 pm »
I am developing a composite wireless remote control that contains 3 components: a keypad, a 2-D touchpad, and a 1-D slider. I have defined USB descriptors to define this as a composite USB device with 3 interfaces: a keyboard, a mouse, and a HID-compliant consumer control device, respectively. After connecting the remote to my Windows 7 machine, I can see in Device Manager that the remote has enumerated as 3 HID-compliant consumer control devices. If I manually load the native Win7 keyboard and mouse drivers for the corresponding components, then they appear as a HID Keyboard Device and a HID-compliant mouse.

My question is this - how can I get Windows to automatically load the keyboard and mouse drivers when the remote connects? I have another composite gizmo (but not wireless - plugs directly into a USB port) with similar components that enumerates correctly the first time, with the proper drivers. After comparing the descriptors between my new remote and the plug-in gizmo, I can see that the differences are negligible.

Any ideas on this? Thanks!

Tsuneo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Windows 7 Loads Incorrect Drivers
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 05:42:00 am »
wireless remote control
Over Bluetooth or wireless USB or ?
Sound like the "wireless" stack would show every HID interface as "consumer control" to the OS.

Tsuneo