Author Topic: HID USB to Serial TTL convertor  (Read 10740 times)

us

HID USB to Serial TTL convertor
« on: April 10, 2012, 02:04:09 am »
Hi,
 I have the HID Usb Device and i wnat to read /write the data to the PIC 18F452 micro controller on the serial TTL interface (Transparent Data Pipe ). Now i am stuck , can any body guide me that any market available product available to fullfill this need.

[USB HID Device] <----------> [USB to Serial TTL Convertor] <------------> [PIC 18F452]
                                              USB                                                                SerialTTL

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
Re: HID USB to Serial TTL convertor
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 10:24:31 am »
If you use a USB/serial converter, the device will appear to the host as a COM port, not a HID.

If you want a HID, you need a USB controller programmed with HID firmware.

Jan

us

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 03:24:09 am »
Dear Jan Axelson,

Thank you for your answer , but i just want to actually convert the I/O of USB HID device into serial . But the problem is I have to read it in the micro-controller not PC. Now all the convertor (USB to serial) are actually slave usb , which act as the virtual comport when connected with the PC which acts as USB HOST.  If you can kindly guide that such facility is achievable at the embedded system level or some COTS components available for this.

regards.

If you use a USB/serial converter, the device will appear to the host as a COM port, not a HID.

If you want a HID, you need a USB controller programmed with HID firmware.

Jan

Jan Axelson

• Administrator
  • Frequent Contributor
    • Lakeview Research
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 09:55:19 am »
If you want to create a HID/serial converter, write device firmware that sends all data received on the device's serial port to the host as a HID report and writes all data received in HID reports to the serial port.

Jan